Teaching kids to be thankful for their many blessings is important year-round, but especially during the month of November when we celebrate Thanksgiving. As my kids are getting older, I hope to teach them the importance of practicing gratitude.
This cute turkey craft is a great way to help kids think about and express things they are thankful for. Older kids will love completing this on their own, and younger kids will have just as much fun putting it together will a little assistance from an adult.
To make a thankful turkey, you need the following supplies:
- Free thankful turkey printable
- Construction paper
- Wobbly eyes
To make the thankful turkey follow these steps:
- Download and print this thankful turkey template. I like to print templates on cardstock so the pieces are a little sturdier.
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Use the pieces as a template and trace them on the desired colors of construction paper.
-Face, body, and hands (brown
-legs, feet, and mouth (orange)
-feathers (various colors of your choice)
-blank rectangle (white)
4. Cut out all of the colored pieces.
5. Fold the legs back and forth to give them an accordion look.
6. Glue all of the pieces of the turkey together according to the picture.
7. Glue on the wobble eyes.
8. Have your child list out things he or she is grateful for on each feather of the turkey.
You now have a festive craft that can be displayed in your house each Thanksgiving for years to come.