Parenting Ailments :: Do You Have Any Symptoms?
As a mom to 3 children, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve typed various symptoms into WebMD before ultimately calling the pediatrician. But what about a portal for the symptoms all of us parents have experienced?
Below is my list of parenting symptoms and ailments. Please check all that apply:
- Forgetting why you walked into a room
- Missed playdates
- Forgotten lunches
- Calling your children everything but their given names
You have a case of Parent Brain
and go through the day trying to remember that one thing you told yourself not to forget. A fog of general forgetfulness is with you all the time.
- Repeatedly starting the dryer over to “fluff” the clothes
- Telling yourself that the dishes in the sink need to soak a little longer
- Ignoring the mountain of dirty laundry in the corner
- No desire to vacuum or mop
- Closing the doors to your children’s room (out of sight out of mind)
You have a case of Ignoring Chores Infection.
This stems from the resentment that being an adult with adult responsibilities is for the birds.
- Dry shampoo addiction
- Messy bun
- Extreme hostility to pants with zippers and or buttons
- Questionable personal hygiene
- Yoga pants and oversized T-shirts only
You have a case of Self-Care what’s that Syndrome.
This is a long-term issue for most parents, attending to everyone else’s needs first and leaving no time for themselves.
- Low threshold for other people’s crap
- Constant eye-rolling
- Chronic sighing
- Frequent side eye
- Uncontrollable urge to scream
You have a case of Wits End Complex.
This is accompanied by giving zero cares and wanting to throw in the towel.
- Feelings of overwhelming unconditional love
- Repeated hugs and kisses
You are Raising Tiny Humans.
You are a many hats wearing parent and some days do everything right and other days you want to create a new identity and live off the grid, but at the end of it all, you wouldn’t trade it for anything.