Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by Newman-Dailey Resort Properties.
Forget the Chores, Plan A Beach Vacation & Make Memories with Newman-Dailey
You need a break and to simultaneously make memories with your kids. This is it- they are only at this age once. Now is the time to make those memories! Enter Destin, Florida: a family-friendly beach vacation destination where you can make these goals happen. Two birds, one stone.
In theory, a vacation is always going to sound like a good idea. But the details on how to make that happen can sometimes get in the way of that needed vacation.
Here are some tips on how to make your beach family vacation happen:
- Pick some dates. There is probably never going to be a perfect time to go, but when something is on the calendar, it is more likely to happen. Commit. Pick the date and roll with it.
- Book with Newman-Dailey Resort Properties. They make the planning user-friendly and worth the effort. While they have a wide variety of rentals, ranging from affordable to uber luxurious, I personally had the chance to stay at Jade East Towers in Destin, Florida. This property is beautiful, relaxing, and full of family fun. It is a place where you can drink your coffee in the morning while you look at the ocean, with no laundry blocking your view. The kids have the sand, ocean, and pool. You have a chair where you get to look at the sand, ocean and pool. You can do what you want, depending on what you feel in the moment. The choices are not stressful, whether you order shrimp tacos at Rockin’ Tacos or go on a Cattywampus Dolphin cruise, there are lots of good memories to be made here!
- Get excited but also make sure to talk about expectations. Are we getting an early start to sit in the beach chairs or branching out to town and then beaching? Are the kids going to build sandcastles all day, in between naps? Or are we committing to the pool or enjoying the sound of the waves on the balcony? Do we want to stay in and relax at night or venture out for delicious dinners and the endless kid activity options? When in doubt, go for a night swim. These are ALL great choices but making sure your kids and spouse are aligned with your own expectations for the trip will only help keep everyone happy and on the same page.
- Decide on excursions. Destin has so many fun things to explore, but when you book with Newman-Dailey Resort Properties, they give you a sneak peek of what is going on. Included in your condo stay is one free adult admission to an activity of your choice. Choices include a round of golf, admission to the Gulfarium Marine Park, sunset cruises, among other choices. By booking with Newman-Dailey Resort Properties, local discounts are available to make your trip even more enjoyable. Discounts apply to sandcastle sculpture lessons, rentals for boats, bikes, golf carts, paddle boards, and wave runners, boat excursions, fishing charters, spa services, and restaurants. Bringing a baby to the beach? Newman-Dailey Resort Properties also has baby gear rental discounts and can connect you to a local babysitting service. (Vacay date night? Yes please!)
- Pack. Swimsuits, coverups, beach towels, blue tooth speaker… all of the beach things. What’s great about staying at a beachfront condo is the comfortable living quarters. There is a full kitchen, stocked with just about anything you would need. Newman-Dailey provides a starter supply kit with the essentials, but it may be helpful to bring bring two rolls of paper towels, a few trash bags, some laundry pods, dishwasher tabs, and a few rolls of toilet paper. Then you are set for the week and in less critical need of a store trip. Then again, grocery stores deliver these days, so there is always that option. At Jade East Tower 0640 (where we stayed), there were three spacious bedrooms AND three bathrooms. It is a beautifully decorated condo that comfortably sleeps ten people. There is a table on the balcony to enjoy your meals, drinks, and snacks. Not to mention the large pool with a made-for-selfies water feature and hot tub. When your accommodations are this comfortable, anything else fun you add to the agenda becomes lagniappe.
- Get there (that part is a necessary evil) and then RELAX. You made it, you knocked out the chores, and now there is a gorgeous view with roaring waves to quiet the everyday life troubles. Now you can focus on being present with your family and friends. Take the pics and videos to remember. Enjoy your family a little extra that week.
- Take a break, Mom! You’ve earned it.
This post was created on behalf of Red Stick Moms partner Newman-Dailey Resort Properties in Miramar Beach, Florida. Visit their website, www.DestinVacation.com, to learn more about all of their resorts and vacation rentals and start planning your beach getaway.
Newman-Dailey Resort Properties
12815 US Highway 98 W., Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Destin ~ South Walton ~ Thirty-A