Disclosure :: we included affiliate links below, but trust us – these baby must haves have been life changing in our home!
I fully understand that products change and only get better in time, but nothing prepared me for how many things have changed between having my son and daughter. I almost felt like a first-time parent again because things we used with Maverick have since been recalled so we couldn’t use them for Melody (looking at you Rock N Play). I’ve joined so many groups and watched so many YouTube videos to try and find the best of the best or at least the best dupes.
Here are 5 of my favorites. It was really hard to narrow it down, but these are our tried and true items that we’ve been using with Melody that we didn’t have with Maverick!
- Hatch Sound Machine :: The Hatch is an all-in-one night light and sound machine. You can set a schedule for naps, bedtime, playtime – truly the options are endless. We loved it so much that we got one for our son as well, and we have an “okay to wake” schedule set for him as well as the bedtime feature! There’s an app that is compatible with the Hatch so we are able to control the volume and brightness without interrupting precious sleep!
- Yookidoo Elephant Baby Shower Bath Toy :: I do realize it says bath toy, but rinsing Melody’s hair has been a breeze ever since getting this! There’s a gentle stream of water which is less intimidating than the cup I had been using to rinse her!
- The California Beach Co. Pop N Go Playpen :: This is the most lightweight playpen ever. It takes seconds to open and it’s so compact which makes bringing it places a breeze! The playpen comes with stakes so you’re able to use it just about anywhere!
- Tubby Todd All Over Ointment :: We bought the 3.5 ounce when Melody was a newborn and 9 months later we are still on the same container! We use it for everything: dry skin, baby acne, cradle cap. I’ve even used it for my own skin!
- Skip*Hop Activity Center :: Whew, what’s not to love?? This activity table is multi-use! It goes from an exerciser to a play table and chalkboard! Melody and Maverick both love it granted Maverick usually just runs around it while Melody spins to follow him but I call that a win!
I know this is barely scratching the surface of all of the new baby gear that is out there, and if I’m being honest, as I wrote this, I thought of 5 other items that we have and love. That being said, I would love to hear some of your must-have baby items!