Any mom is on the lookout for places to go and things to do when you’re searching for something fun (or needed) to do with (and without) the kids around Baton Rouge. Here are some great finds in Prairieville I have stumbled on along the way:
Fun Kid Activities:
- Southern Oaks Athletic Club :: Cozy, welcoming gym with childcare. Great pool, and always offers family fun events here and there. Anytime you can dine on chicken nuggets poolside with happy kids in tow, all is well. Did I mention childcare?!
- Jump and Jive :: You sit, and the kids play on the many, many inflatables. Yay for an indoor play date!
- Lil Bambinos Playtorium :: If it’s raining or too hot, there is nothing but options to entertain the kiddos.
- Follow the APL library :: Storytimes, arts and crafts activities, and occasionally special performances. (We loved the Alice in Wonderland ballet extra.)
- Yoga Together :: Adorable baby yoga pics, check. Not to mention you’re priming your little ones to learn about and like yoga when they get old enough to legit work out together. (Pause to daydream about future peaceful bonding time). Until then, is there anything cuter than a toddler doing down dog?
Moms’ Day Off:
- Clou Nail Salon :: Should you break out of baby jail long enough to get your nails done, here is a nice place to relax. And if your kiddos are old enough to enjoy some mommy and me time, this would be a nice place to get your toes done in a peaceful, pretty atmosphere.
- Spa treatments at St. Michel Spa :: It is a cozy, well-established spot in Prairieville. Cozy quarters, feels like you’re getting a hug while in mom time out.
- Spa treatments for #trendymoms at Bumble Lane :: It’s beautiful and new-ish. Selfie away.
- Best thirty-minute sushi lunch at Hello Toyoko 2 :: If you want good sushi, but need to knock out lunch ASAP, this is a good option to have.
- Best food truck at Taqueria Don Beto :: Authentically delicious tacos. Grab and go.
- Sharky’s Cuts for kids :: Kid vibes all the way. What kid wouldn’t want a spa moment, kid style?
- Magnolia Pediatrics :: At this point, we’ve seen about the doctors and nurse practitioners they have. They get the job done and make us feel like our littles are covered and then some.
- Smile Stars :: Kids can get their teeth cleaned while staring at an over-the-top coral reef and watch the fishies swim by. And the super sweet staff? Anytime your child asks to go back to the dentist because it was that much fun, we count that as a win.
- Main Squeeze Juice Company :: One juice gives you all of that nutrition that you don’t have time to cram into your diet while chasing toddlers. In my experience, juices make you feel more human than coffee.
- Off the Hook :: If you need your fried seafood fix, but can’t be bothered with the drama of bringing littles into a restaurant, this is your answer.
- Jambalaya shop :: Dinner, check. Also, this is a great way to feed everyone at the birthday party.
- Oak Grove Park
- Jambalaya park
- Highland road park
Adventures with a Little Drive:
- Hill Top Inn Restaurant :: Eat outside and enjoy the river view. Relaxed atmosphere and delicious Louisiana favorites.
- The Cajun village :: You can’t beat the beignets and the old-timey rustic feel. Plus, there are giant alligators in the back, should you walk the kids back on the deck.
- Frenier Landing Restaurant :: Good food and a great view. Sometimes it’s better to relax on the lake. 113 Dottie Ln LaPlace, LA 70068