April Fools’ Day gives you an opportunity to be creative and laugh with your family. I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite quick and easy ideas that I found online. Don’t let April 1st pass you by without trying at least one of these simple ideas out. Most of them don’t require any advanced planning. These pranks are intended to be good-humored and fun – nothing gross or mean here.
- Simply add a little bit of food coloring to the milk the night before and with your best poker face the next morning serve it to your children for breakfast.
- Upside Down Day. Flip everything upside down – picture frames, toys, even furniture.
- Stuff tissue in your children’s shoes, making them think they had a growth spurt overnight.
- Saran wrap over the basketball hoop.
- Fake plastic bugs. EVERYWHERE.
- “See Food.” Add googly eyes to all the condiments in the refrigerator or snack food in the pantry.
- Ice Cream Sundaes. Use an ice cream scoop to serve up “ice cream” sundaes that are made out of mashed potatoes. Add some gravy to look like caramel.
- Crazy Clothes Day. Greet your children at breakfast with your clothes on backward or inside out. Act completely normal and insist they go and put their clothes on “properly.”
- Sprinkle a little salt on your child’s toothbrush. The salt will easily blend in with the bristles giving them a kick when they go to brush their teeth.
- Dessert Time. Use this free printable to make your own “brownies”. Add the printed Es to a pan and cover with foil. Serve and enjoy the giggles.
There are many age-appropriate, family-friendly ideas out there. Just remember to have fun with it.