Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by our friends at New Orleans City Park.
Celebration in the Oaks in New Orleans – A Spectacular Holiday Lights Festival
Celebration in the Oaks in New Orleans City Park is the most spectacular holiday lights festival in the country. Take a short trip down and join the City Park family for this New Orleans holiday tradition with 25 acres of lights in the New Orleans Botanical Garden, Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, and Storyland. While you’re here don’t forget to ride the antique carousel and holiday train!
What Moms Need to Know About Before They Go to Celebration in the Oaks 2018
New Celebration in the Oaks Options and Updates:
- Parker’s Station Reservation: This is a NEW reservation system for the holiday train. Guests may upgrade their train ticket to purchase a reservation time to board the train. Guest using the Parker’s Station Reservation will not have to wait in the general admission line and can instead get a time to return and spend the time they would normally wait enjoying other parts of the event and return to the Parker’s Station Reservation line to board.
- Mutt Mondays: A special partnership with SPCA of Louisiana, December 3, 10 & 17 – Bring dogs with you to the Botanical Garden and use the SPCA photo booth to take fun holiday photos with your friends – human and canine!
- Yoga classes: December 5, 12 & 19 – Join us for Yoga under the Lights with April Dupre from Footprints to Fitness.
- Storytime in Storyland: December 3-4, 10-11 & 17-18, 6:00-7:30pm – Kids can hear local authors read stories under the Storyland Castle!
- Fountain of Joy in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
- Holiday Crawfish Boil with Mushrooms in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
- A streetcar added to the New Orleans scene on the train ride
- An improved Victoria the Unicorn in Carousel Gardens Amusement Park – now she’s completely made of love and LED lights
- Heaux Heaux Heaux tree decorations in the trees along Victory Avenue
- A holiday village display in the New Orleans Botanical Garden Pavilion of the Two Sisters Annex
- Merry KISS-mas ‘kissing booth’ under the Dripping Snow Tree in the center of the New Orleans Botanical Garden
- Christmas classics in Campfire Village: grab a seat at a picnic table and enjoy family fun Christmas classics projected on to a large screen
Don’t Miss the Celebration in the Oaks Favorites:
- Campfire Village in Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
- Mister Bingle
- Train Garden
- Rides on the antique carousel (unlimited rides with the Straight to the Gate ticket option)
- Christmas Trees on Santa Claus Lane – sidewalks in Carousel Gardens are lined with Christmas trees decorated by local schools and nonprofits.
- Tree of poinsettias in the Conservatory in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
Important Details For Moms and Families:
5 Victory Avenue, New Orleans 70124 (the Park is large, always use this address to attend Celebration in the Oaks).
Hours: November 23, 2018 – January 1, 2019
Sunday through Thursday: 6:00-10:00pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:00-11:00pm
Closed: November 26, 27, 28, 29 and December 24, 31
OPEN Christmas night
Cost: Tickets: $10/person (Children under 3 and Friends of City Park members: Free)
- Straight to the Gate tickets: $28: Celebration in the Oaks admission, a unlimited amusement park ride band, and a dedicated entrance through the Storyland gate behind Humpty Dumpty and Little Bo Peep.
- Train Ride: $5; Amusement Park Rides: $4/single ride ticket (excludes train); $18/unlimited ride band (includes train)
For more event details or to purchase Celebration the Oaks or Preview Party tickets, visit CelebrationInTheOaks.com.