Ditch The Scrapbook, Shadow Box Your Child’s Birth Story
It’s true what almost everyone says … “It’s the little things.” I kept lots of little things from my births with my sons. From flowers to arm bands to the front page of the newspaper from the day that he was born and more.
Scrapbooks are fun to make, but the memories get hidden unless you pull out the book to look at.
Here is what I put inside my son’s shadow box:
- Baby shower invitation
- My broach from my baby shower
- Paw Paw’s hospital visitor pass
- My son’s stamped feet picture
- Front page of the newspaper the day my son was born
- Hospital bassinet card
- Hospital door tag
- Hospital bracelets/anklets from my husband, my son and I
- Owl car seat strap cushions (not safe, I know … I didn’t know that at the time though)
- Crushed up flowers from all of the floral arrangements that were sent to us (keep the dead flowers! I know it sounds wild, but these can be used for the backdrop of your shadow box)