October is my favorite month! One because it is my birthday and two because of Halloween. Halloween is right up there with Christmas for me. I love Halloween, from the parties to the decorations! There are Halloween decorations for every style, from aesthetically pleasing to scary witches and goblins.
We are a DIY family and love a good project we can do together. Below is a fun and an easy front-door project that we found on Tik Tok!
Supplies you will need:
- Pro-Select foam board (Lowe’s or Home Depot)
- Several plastic skulls and other skeleton-type Halloween decor (We used skulls, spiders, skeleton hands, and rubber snakes from 5 Below and various dollar stores)
- 4-6 cans of Gaps & Cracks foam insulation
- 2-3 cans of matte black spray paint
- Measure the front door area so that the boards fit snuggly inside the windows (If you don’t have windows, these boards are lightweight and can be put up with command strips).
- Before spraying the foam installation, arrange your skulls and other Halloween items on the boards.
- Spray the foam installation all over the boards (this does not have to be perfect). While the foam is still wet, place your hands, skulls, snakes, etc. on the board.
- Once it is dry, cut the excess installation off from around the boards.
- Spray boards completely with black spray paint. Wait 10-15 minutes and apply a second coat of spray paint. Let dry.
- Set up and enjoy!