Snacks. Snacks. Snacks.
With school starting back, I’m sure most of you are like me and are thinking about what to have on hand for when the children get off the school bus.
When the final bell rings it has been a while since lunch, but dinner won’t be ready for another few hours. To keep the “hangry” attitudes away, the children are going to need a little something to hold them over until dinner.
Below is a list of my afternoon snacks that can be quickly made or even made ahead of time to get everyone through until dinner:
- Carrots & cucumbers with ranch
- Bell peppers with hummus
- Everything Bagel Chex Mix
- String cheese
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt topped with crushed Oreos
- Fresh Fruit (pineapple, cantaloupe, kiwi, raspberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, bananas, and strawberries are the staples in our refrigerator)
- Rice cake with Nutella (Optional: top with sliced strawberries or bananas)
- No bake peanut butter balls
- Whole grain goldfish
- Greek yogurt pouches
- Guacamole with chips
- Simple fresh fruit popsicles
I hope these quick and easy snack list helps with those afternoon witching hours before dinner time.