We’ve all had a rough year. Some of us more than others, but it’s safe to say we’re all looking for a little luxury in the mundane. I’m here to tell you I’ve found it and it’s all under $10 on Amazon! I will not insult you by calling this self-care, unless you purchase all these and check into a hotel for a weekend alone. However, it adds a level of luxury to things you’re likely already doing. Taking mundane tasks and elevating them to queen.
- Shampoo Scalp Massager – if I’m being honest, this gal inspired this whole post. This was an impulse buy, but for $6 I was okay if it turned out to be a flop. Let me set the scene, you know when you’re at the hairdressers, when she’s washing your hair, massaging your head in ways you can never replicate? When you wonder if you could pay her to wash your hair everyday, yeah that moment. THAT is what this guy does. Y’all, the first time I used this I just kept adding shampoo to my hair so I could keep washing. Its amazing. And just as luxurious for conditioner. Since this came in a two pack we put one in the kids’ bathroom too, and can I tell you how much easier bath went?! Quick and simple; and I may or may not have sold it as Mermaid Hair & Dinosaur Hair scrubbers. Judge away, it worked. My husband, also in love with this addition!
- Ice Roller – during quarantine all of my friends were posting about the Ice Roller! It has lots of claims for rejuvenating skin, reducing wrinkles, blah, blah, blah. Maybe it does that, maybe it doesn’t. I fell in love because it feels absolutely delightful on my face after a long day, a hot shower, after working in the garden, or while I sit on the back deck watching the kids play. It refreshes me. It cools me. It makes me feel calm and peaceful. That little bit of happiness is worth it to me!
- Overflow Drain Cover – it took me awhile to love baths. I’m not a petite woman and we don’t own a soaker tub or a jacuzzi tub, just a plain jane bath tub. So when I fill my bath and get in, I’m met with the lovely sound of water being sucked down the overflow drain and I’m left half submerged and half exposed. It’s not sexy and it’s not relaxing. Last year a friend posted about this overflow drain cover changing her bath game, I took the bait. AND I DON’T REGRET IT. I can now take a bath that submerges my body in delectable scents of lavender and lush bubbles. You do have to be more aware of your running water, but I’ll take it!
- Coil Hairbands – new trend alert. These hairbands don’t leave a crease, they are near impossible to tangle, they are BOSS for the messy bun, and they even come in kid sizes! They are the first hairband that have held the three year old’s pony tail all day.
- Facial Exfoliator – Once I started down this luxury seeking path, I found these facial exfoliators. Color me intrigued ::add to cart:: These are great. Liquid facewash or bar soap, they lather well and feel like a dream. Add to that they are even easier to clean and I’m sold. I have a 9 yo that is on the precipice of needing to add a facial routine and this is something we can do together.
- Dr. Teal’s Lavender Bubble Bath – if you know me, you know I’m obsessed with lavender. This bubble bath has a true lavender smell and bubbles up nicely. If lavender isn’t your thing, look around because Dr. Teal’s have quite a few options, a lot with epsom salt (hello relaxation), and add a perk to any bath routine.