I love makeup! I love it so much that I used to blog about it. The ritual of putting it on relaxes me. Putting on a quick face of makeup has pulled me out of many a funk, especially those postpartum blues. But now as a busy mom of two littles, I don’t have time in the morning for a full face of glam. I need quick and easy but also put together. Here are my favorite products for a five-minute busy momma face.
- Tinted SPF. Girl, don’t skip the sunscreen. Your face in your forties will thank you. I have really sensitive skin and I love the Elta md tinted spf. I apply a pea size amount and rub it in with my fingers. It goes great under foundation.
- A bb cream you can apply with your fingers. Listen, I love a nice natural-looking full coverage foundation and applying it with a damp beauty blender. But I just do not have time for that look on a daily basis. So, I love to use a bb cream with nice coverage but that’s still breathable and easy to blend with my God-given tools. I love the beauty counter dew skin tinted moisturizer or the fenty beauty skin tint.
- Cream blush. I love a cream blush on my bb cream! Okay, natural rosy cheek goddess! My favorite is the rare beauty cream blush in nearly neutral. I dab it on with a dense foundation brush on the apples of my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose for a natural sun-kissed look.
- Brows. Your brows frame the face! If you have micro-bladed or tinted brows, you’re one step ahead of the game and I envy you. To quickly fill in my brows, I use the benefit gimme brow gel. It’s a mascara wand applicator with gel that you run through your brows quickly. No one has time for a pencil and hair-like strokes in the morning.
- Mascara is next and I have tried them all. Seriously. From high-end to drug store. My go tos are maybelline lash sensational or L’Oréal voluminous in carbon black. I love these because they don’t smudge or run. I don’t set my bb cream with powder so I don’t want my mascara transferring and giving me raccoon eyes or darker circles than I already have!
- Lips. Clinique chubby stick is my favorite. It is hydrating and comes in so many wonderful colors. It’s also easy to apply without a mirror.
- Bonus- elf bite size eyeshadow quad. Most days I skip eyeshadow and concealer unless I have a few extra minutes. My go to look is the bare necessities for natural beauty enhanced. If I have time for eyeshadow, I love these eyeshadow quads. All of them are great and super affordable but I love the shade rose water. I take the dusty pink matte shade and swipe it in the crease and the shimmer pink all over the lid with my finger.