I love makeup! I love it so much that I used to blog about it. The ritual of putting it on relaxes me. Putting on a quick face of makeup has pulled me out of many a funk, especially those postpartum blues. But now as a busy mom of two littles, I don’t have time in the morning for a full face of glam. I need quick and easy but also put together. Here are my favorite products for a five-minute busy momma face.
- Tinted SPF. Girl, don’t skip the sunscreen. Your face in your forties will thank you. I have really sensitive skin and I love the Elta md tinted spf. I apply a pea size amount and rub it in with my fingers. It goes great under foundation.
- A bb cream you can apply with your fingers. Listen, I love a nice natural-looking full coverage foundation and applying it with a damp beauty blender. But I just do not have time for that look on a daily basis. So, I love to use a bb cream with nice coverage but that’s still breathable and easy to blend with my God-given tools. I love the beauty counter dew skin tinted moisturizer or the fenty beauty skin tint.
- Cream blush. I love a cream blush on my bb cream! Okay, natural rosy cheek goddess! My favorite is the rare beauty cream blush in nearly neutral. I dab it on with a dense foundation brush on the apples of my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose for a natural sun-kissed look.
- Brows. Your brows frame the face! If you have micro-bladed or tinted brows, you’re one step ahead of the game and I envy you. To quickly fill in my brows, I use the benefit gimme brow gel. It’s a mascara wand applicator with gel that you run through your brows quickly. No one has time for a pencil and hair-like strokes in the morning.
- Mascara is next and I have tried them all. Seriously. From high-end to drug store. My go tos are maybelline lash sensational or L’Oréal voluminous in carbon black. I love these because they don’t smudge or run. I don’t set my bb cream with powder so I don’t want my mascara transferring and giving me raccoon eyes or darker circles than I already have!
- Lips. Clinique chubby stick is my favorite. It is hydrating and comes in so many wonderful colors. It’s also easy to apply without a mirror.
- Bonus- elf bite size eyeshadow quad. Most days I skip eyeshadow and concealer unless I have a few extra minutes. My go to look is the bare necessities for natural beauty enhanced. If I have time for eyeshadow, I love these eyeshadow quads. All of them are great and super affordable but I love the shade rose water. I take the dusty pink matte shade and swipe it in the crease and the shimmer pink all over the lid with my finger.
This routine takes me less than five minutes and I’m out the door. It’s quick and easy, but makes me feel pretty. What are your favorite products for a quick makeup routine?