Coffee. The one word that is so common in most households, especially with mamas, that it might as well be a love language. Little did I realize the impact it would have in Maverick’s life. Sure, my husband is a barista and there won’t ever be a time when you come to our home and we don’t offer coffee before anything else. I mean the word coffee is used pretty regularly in our home. But it’s now become one of those things in our life where any coffee shop with a recognizable logo (read: all of them) results with Maverick begging for “coffee.” Which in turn becomes a conversation that ends in tears because he can’t drink “our” coffee.
Sure, Starbucks may not have a kids menu, but they can make most any drink kid friendly! Here are a few of the favorites that Maverick has grown to love over the past couple of years and we know that you will love them too! Thanks to my husband, I’ve been able to list the drink AND how to order it at the window- it’s a win-win!
- Almond Chocolate Milk: Almond milk with 2 pumps mocha, 1 pump Vanilla. Any Size
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino: Any size. (as is)
- Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino: Any Size. (as is)
- Smoothies- Chocolate and Strawberry flavors. They can only make this if bananas are available and this drink ONLY comes in the grande size.
- Blended strawberry lemonade- any size!
- Hot Chocolate: Kid Hot Chocolate. (It comes in a smaller cup and steamed to a lesser temperature). Snickerdoodle, peppermint, and toffee almond are a few of Mav’s favorites!
- Vanilla Steamer: Any Size. Ask for Kids Temperature (and you can substitute for any flavor)
- Caramel Apple Spice: Any Size. (steamed to kids temperature). For those Disney lovers this tastes similar to LeFou’s brew at Gaston’s Tavern.
Most people assume decaf means no caffeine (that would be me), but there are still traces of caffeine left in the beans which is why I made this list completely caffeine free! So hopefully the next time you get coffee and your kiddos start begging for some, you have this list to look back on!