On those days when you feel like a glorified taxi driver, shuffling your children from one lesson or sports practice to another, the last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner. It feels nearly impossible in between all the chauffeuring around to prepare a home-cooked meal.
Confession – I’m not the best cook. I’m constantly browsing the internet for quick and easy meals for my family. I gravitate towards ones that can be made in 30 minutes or less with just a couple of ingredients. Below is my super simple one-pot Smokey Chicken Chili.
Smokey Chicken Chili
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can navy beans
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 packet McCormick white chicken chili seasoning
- Peel rotisserie chicken and set aside.
- Sautee onions and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken broth, beans, and tomatoes to pot.
- Toss in chicken and top with seasoning packet.
- Bring to a low boil then turn heat down to medium for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Optional toppings: Tortilla strips, cheese, black olives, sour cream, or avocado.*
This recipe is a hit with my family of five and is even better the next day for leftovers!