Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and as much as love is in the air for romance, love is in the air for our kiddos too! Make it a ‘Mommy and Me’ night with your littles!
- Read a love-themed bedtime story
- Play a love-themed game together
Pull out your craft bin and make cards for family and friends or play a love-themed game like BINGO with this free, printable idea by Artsy-fartsy Mama.
- Serve a Valentine’s Day cheese board
Cheese and charcuterie boards make great snacks for kids. I like to make my kid-friendly board with cheese cubes, apple slices, Hersey kisses, and pretzels!
- Celebrate with heart-shaped food.
Pull out all of the stops to make a homemade heart-shaped pizza together and let your mini-me help you load it up with toppings of their choice. A cake is always a fun option too!
- Cut out paper hearts.
Try out these cute printables that will allow kids to practice tracing and drawing hearts. When they’re done, you can use the hearts to decorate your fridge or their bedroom door.
- Teach them how to give compliments
Teach your younger kids how to give compliments by telling them all the things you love about them! This can even be paired with a make-shift BINGO board like the idea above. Write all of your compliments on a BINGO card about things you love about your little.
- Snuggle up for a family movie night
Curl up on the couch and put on a classic cartoon love story with a bag of popcorn. My favorite love stories are Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog, and Frozen.
- Attend a local event
- Painting with a twist always has $30 kid special painting nights
- Attend a Mardi Gras parade with your little
- Attend Dino-Light at the Manship Theatre on Sunday, February 5
- Wind down with a bath
Grab a bath bomb at the store or use colored bath drops for a colorful bath besides the usual routine.