Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by Resilient Chiropractic. Dr. Amanda Engels and Dr. Debrah O’Hara at Resilient Chiropractic have made it their life’s mission to create happier, healthier people. They have shared before about why you should consider a chiropractor for your kids but we are excited to learn why you should consider a chiropractor during your pregnancy.
5 Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
There are many benefits of being under chiropractic care, especially during pregnancy. However, pregnancy looks different for everyone! For some, pregnancy is a magical and blissful walk in the park. For others, it’s the complete opposite. Some mommas experience an empowering birth, while others find themselves enduring unexpected hurdles.
Whether your birth plan is for an all natural birth or planned C-Section (and everything in between), it’s always a good idea to have a chiropractic team by your side. Here are FIVE reasons why::
- First, and probably the most common reason to seek chiropractic care during your pregnancy is for COMFORT! As your body grows and changes to make room for your bundle of joy, it may come with side effects such as: low back pain, pubic bone pain, and round ligament pain. Webster’s Technique is specifically for pregnant women and ensures balance of the pelvic structure and all of the surrounding muscles and ligaments. This balancing of the pelvis allows for pain relief, as well as relaxing the round ligaments. This is VERY important, not just for comfort reasons, but also leads us to the second reason you should see a chiropractor during your pregnancy…
- OPTIMAL BABY POSITIONING! What is the optimal position? Head down! When all of the structures of the pelvis are balanced, it creates more room for the baby to move into this optimal position. This makes for a smooth decent into the birth canal. On the contrary, whenever the pelvis is unbalanced it becomes harder for a breeched baby to move due to confined space. This transitions us into our third reason…
- Studies have shown that chiropractic care can help DECREASE labor and delivery times exponentially. WHAT?! Who doesn’t want that?? Birth can be so much smoother and faster when mom is comfortable, the pelvis and surrounding structures are balanced, and the baby is in optimal position! This leads to less instances of the baby getting “stuck,” as well as a decrease in emergency C-sections. Woohoo! But let us back up a bit. Approaching your due date can feel like an eternity…
- DECREASING STRESS AND STRESS RESPONSES. Let’s be real. Growing a tiny human is a long 40 weeks, and is absolutely exhausting! Sometimes, it takes a lot just to get out of bed in the mornings! From working, eating healthy, doctors appointments, and specialist visits, there are so many things to keep up with! Not to mention if you already have children! Too many times we have seen how overwhelming and stressful pregnancy can be. But let us just say, it doesn’t have to be that way! When your body is in a constant state of stress (fight or flight mode), the body will inevitably reach a point of exhaustion. Add low energy on top of that, not a great combo! Logan Basic Technique specifically targets the parasympathetics (rest, digest, and healing modes) to not only take the stress off your nervous system but to also make your body more adaptable to the everyday stresses of life.
- Last, but certainly not least, chiropractic care as part of your postpartum routine is a must! The stress from the birth itself can take a toll on the nervous system, which can cause issues with all other systems in the body such as: baby blues, digestion, and immunity. Chiropractic care can also assist in restoring proper spinal biomechanics to help speed up the healing process.
Having a chiropractic team during and after your pregnancy yields an abundance of benefits and can help facilitate the happy and healthy experience you deserve! At Resilient Chiropractic, we would be honored to be part of your team! Please contact us with any questions at: (225) 242-9882 or.
If you would like to connect and learn more, please visit our website or social media platforms:
About the Authors ::
Dr. Debrah O’Hara is a native of Atlanta, Georgia, and lived in many different places surrounding the city throughout her life. After trying many different career paths, she discovered that learning about the human body was her greatest interest. So she continued her education and received her Bachelors Degree in Science. From there she continued on to Life University in Marietta, Georgia where she received her Doctorate in Chiropractic. That is where she was able to expand on her interest in the human body and learned how chiropractic care can help the body function at its optimum potential without nerve interference. While in school, she focused a lot of her time learning about the importance of chiropractic care in pediatrics and pregnancy, and witnessed several amazing health transformations. She has made it her goal to see healthy kids become healthy adults, and that starts at conception. Dr. Debrah is a true believer of “the power that made the body heals the body” and when the body is functioning at its optimum, healing will take place from within. In her spare time, you can find Dr. Debrah spending time with her family, friends, and doggo.
Dr. Amanda Engels is a Louisiana native, and proud mama to her two sons, Martin & Rhett. Throughout her middle and high school career, she played many different sports. This sparked her interest in the biomechanics of the human body, which led her to pursue her bachelors in Kinesiology from Southeastern Louisiana University (Geaux Lions!). After discovering her passion for helping adults and children naturally, she proceeded to obtain her Doctorate in Chiropractic from Life University in Georgia. Her love for family and Louisiana culture brought her back to serve the people of this great state. She is driven to helping people of all ages reach optimal health by getting to the root cause and allowing the body to heal, without the use of drugs or surgery. When not serving the community, you can find Dr. Amanda spending time with family or outdoors. She enjoys cooking, hiking, kayaking, and traveling (just to name a few).