And just like that the Christmas holidays are upon us. Goodbye spooky décor and hello round the clock Christmas music, Eggnog, and Little Debbie Christmas trees at the grocery. It’s time for hot chocolate by the fire and Hallmark movie nights. All is merry, bright, and peaceful – right? Insert eye roll here if you are a mom.
The holidays are a time to celebrate, but often bring along the added stress of long to-do and don’t forget lists. To all the moms out there, I see you. I see all the things you do to make the holidays special. I see the Christmas magic you create. I see the work you put in to make everyone feel appreciated.
- You teach your children the real meaning of Christmas.
- You care about all the little details and somehow keep them all straight.
- You remember gifts for teachers, coaches, and the school bus driver.
- You make homemade treats for your hairdresser, Fed Ex driver, and neighbors.
- You handle buying gifts for your children, parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.
- You wrap the presents with pretty paper and bows.
- You scope out the best neighborhoods for your children to see Christmas lights and decorations.
- You create magic with the Elf on the Shelf…coming up with cute ideas on where to move it next (even if sometimes it is done after you have fallen asleep and jolt up in a panic at 3 am).
- You decorate the house with Santa figurines and twinkling lights.
- You put together the reindeer food and pick up a (pre-assembled) gingerbread house to decorate as a family.
- You make homemade Christmas cookies for Santa (without losing your mind over the mess being made).
- You find matching Christmas pajamas for the entire family.
- You somehow manage a good picture (eyes open and all smiles) for the Christmas card.
The countless hours you spend doing all the things to make the holiday season super special for your family is nothing short of amazing. You wouldn’t have it any other way. Being able to make lasting memories with your family is absolutely worth it!
So cheers to you! Here is to all your effort in creating such lasting memories and joy for your family during the holiday season. You are amazing – so give yourself a much deserved pat on the back (and maybe a nap)!