Low Stress Ways To Celebrate Your Birthday
It’s my birthday!!! I’m so excited!! We already celebrated with my parents this weekend, but I always like to do a little something on my actual birthday.
- Photoshoot. You’re not getting any younger. Celebrate today, remember tomorrow. Years from now you’ll look back and realize all of the flaws you think you have weren’t flaws at all.
- Burger King. True story, the patrons at my local burger king sang happy birthday to me one year. So much fun and they supply the crowns.
- Walmart. Wear something that says birthday to Walmart. It’s where I see the most people that will say “happy birthday.” It’s fun.
- Park. Go have fun in the park as if you’re still a kid. Go down all of the slides, swing in all of the swings, and climb all of the rock towers. You may feel it tomorrow but that’s so far away.
- Present. Buy or make yourself something that you really want. You don’t need to explain or share it with anyone. I have a secret birthday craft I do every year. Last year, I bought dozens of turquoise flowers. Why? I wanted them for my birthday.
- Letter. Write a letter to your future self. Explain all of your struggles and successes. Predict where you’ll be in a year’s time. Next year, you’ll probably laugh at what you thought was stressful. Life changes fast and that’s okay.
- Relax. “It’s my birthday” is a viable excuse for everything except bills. Gather those close to you or alone and put your feet up. Realize how important you are.
Love yourself and enjoy your special day. Everyone is special. Everyone is loved by someone. I know I am. You only have your birthday once (sorry leap year people) a year. Enjoy!