Soup season is upon us! The time has come to pull out our heavy pots and stock up on chicken broth. While the fall may tease us with back and forth weather, just cool down the A.C. on those warmer days and embrace soup. Being a Texas native, I’d never dream of sharing a Gumbo recipe, but I have plenty of delicious soup, stew, and chili recipes to last all fall and winter. I’ve decided that Wednesday will be the day I make soup so that we can easily warm up leftovers after soccer practice on Thursday nights. For me, soup is a full meal. Sometimes I’ll throw in my favorite autumn salad (or this one!), but honestly, it’s usually one and done.
Without further ado, fifteen of my favorite soups:
- Zuppa Toscana by The Defined Dish: Don’t let the “Whole 30” title scare you away. Yes, it’s healthy, but the flavor is also absolutely incredible! In fact, the broth is one of the tastiest broths I’ve had. This one packs a nutritional punch with lots of kale and if you’re not worried about dairy, you can swap the nut pods for half and half.
- Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili by yours truly: This is a family favorite and a huge crowd-pleaser. In the colder months, this is my go-to meal for friends with new babies.
- Italian Chicken Soup by the Pioneer Woman: I use a grocery store rotisserie chicken to help this recipe come together quickly. I love her trick of sautéing oregano for extra flavor.
- Creamy Beef and Gnocchi Soup by Bev Cooks: My family absolutely devours this soup! I’ve made it for extended family as well and it’s always a hit. If you want it to be gluten-free, try using the frozen cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s.
- Sweet Potato and Jalapeño Soup from Food.com: This one is too spicy for our kiddos, but my husband and I love it with grilled cheese for dipping.
- Best Ever Beef Stew by Damn Delicious: Beef stew is so satisfying and cozy. For a little effort, you can have a deeply comforting dinner.
- Pumpkin Chili by Bri McCoy: A fun twist on your regular chili recipe, this one is really good. The pumpkin flavor isn’t overpowering.
- Creamy Potato Soup by Paleo Running Mama: When I was pregnant with our third baby, this soup was one of the only things I could eat for a few weeks! It’s is absolutely incredible while still being simple.
- French Market Soup by Taste of Home: My mom used to make this all the time for us growing up. I love topping it with hot sauce, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese.
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup by Damn Delicious: Creamy, lemony and so satisfying. Swap out Banza brand “rice” for the orzo if you want it to be gluten-free.
- Simple, Perfect Chili by the Pioneer Woman: This recipe is very similar to my mom’s classic chili recipe. It also freezes well.
- Hopkin’s County Stew from Food.com: My husband’s favorite from his childhood, this stew is easy and comforting.
- French Onion Soup by Gimme Some Oven: This one is perfect for a cozy at-home date night. It requires some time and love, but the result is fantastic!
- Pasta e Fagioli by Cookie + Kate: A fancy name for a simple and filling soup! We love dipping big chunks of crusty bread into the delicious broth.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-less Soup by 40 Aprons: We usually add tortilla chips back into this tortilla-less soup. The flavor is next level!
Happy soup, stew, and chili eating!