I’ve been seeing the viral green goddess salad all over social media, so I finally caved and bought the ingredients, and I’m so glad I did! This version is a flavorful spin on the traditional salad and is delicious on its own or served with chips.
- ½ head of green cabbage
- 1 seedless cucumber (or a couple of mini cucumbers)
- 1-2 jalapenos
Green Goddess Dressing:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 TBLS rice vinegar
- ½ – 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ – 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup of fresh chives
- 5 TBLS of nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- ¼ cup of cashews (*Walnuts can be substituted)
- Finely chop cabbage, cucumber, and jalapenos and toss in a large bowl.
- Add to a blender all dressing ingredients (Liquids first). Blend until smooth.
- Add dressing to salad and mix thoroughly until well combined.
This can be eaten over tacos, on toast, or served with chips (Blue corn chips are my favorite). I encourage you to make it your own. Add crispy bacon, an avocado, or substitute the nutritional yeast with parmesan cheese.