This series is brought to you by Indie Plate, Fresh.Groceries.Delivered. Here at Red Stick Moms Blog, we know how important it is to get healthy and delicious meals to our families, but we also know how difficult and time-consuming it can be as well. We are so excited to bring you this sponsored series by Indie Plate, a company that truly “gets it” when it comes to getting healthy and delicious foods to your door with just the click of a button! We hope you enjoy this week’s recipe!
We’re featuring wild-picked chanterelle mushrooms this week that are hand-picked by our picker in Springfield, LA. These TWO recipes were developed and tested in conjunction with Red Stick Spice Company. First up is this classic rolled omelet that may be a breakfast staple, but we’d eat this one any time of the day. Rich chanterelles are lightly sautéed in butter with a little salt. This makes for a quick, yet decadent, meal on the go. Pair it up with some toasted bread and a side salad to make a complete dinner for the family in less than 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (You can buy all the ingredients for a Chanterelle Omelet Here: http://bit.ly/ChanterelleOmelet)
1 cup fresh chanterelles roughly chopped
1 Tbl butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a sauté pan. Saute the chanterelle mushrooms in the butter for 3-5 minutes, just until lightly wilted and softened. Season with salt.
2. Move mushrooms to a plate. Wipe out the pan and place over medium-low heat.
3. Whisk the eggs with the water and salt.
4. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and add the eggs.
5. Gently lift the eggs around the edges, tilting the pan to move uncooked egg underneath the cooked portion. Keep doing this until the center of the eggs are fairly firm.
6. Place the cheese and sautéed chanterelles down the center of the eggs about 1 inch from the edge–reserve some of the chanterelles to place on top of the cooked omelet.
7.Using a spatula, begin rolling the omelet until the seam is on the bottom. Continue cooking until the omelet is firm and cooked though.
8. Move to a place and cut a slit in the center of the omelet. Place the reserved chanterelles on top and serve.
You can buy all the ingredients for a Chanterelle Omelet Here: http://bit.ly/ChanterelleOmelet
Meal cost: $3/serving
- Pair it up with some toasted bread and a side salad to make a complete dinner for the family in less than 15 minutes.
- You can saute onions with chanterelles and chopped bacon to add more “meatiness” to the meal.
- Add 1 teaspoon heavy cream to the egg mixture for added fluffiness.
- Topping with fresh chopped tomatoes and basil adds freshness to the entire dish and brings it all together.
Chanterelle Pita Pizza
Pita, mushrooms, cheese. That pretty much sums up this recipe. We used wild chanterelles to top this, but the possibilities are endless. Keep these ingredients on hand (pita freeze well), and you’ll have a fun, customizable project for kids. Teens can do this on their own for a snack or a meal, and maybe you’ll get dinner out of the deal!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (You can buy all the ingredients for the Chaterelle Pizza here: http://bit.ly/ChanterellePizza)
Whole Wheat Pita
Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Red Stick Spice (Can be purchased from IndiePlate)
Murray River Flake Salt From Red Stick Spice
Cheddar Cheese + Cheddar Cheese Curds
1. Brush the pita with Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Sprinkle lightly with Murray River Flake Salt.
3. Toast pita at 350 for 3-4 minutes.
4. Top with chanterelles and cheese. Bake at 350 for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pita is golden brown around the edges.
You can buy all the ingredients for the Chaterelle Pizza here: http://bit.ly/ChanterellePizza
Meal Cost: $5/serving
- If you like thin crusts, slice the pita horizontally across. This doubles your servings AND makes the pizza super crispy! Reduce baking times by 30%.
- Adding chopped bacon (cooked), caramelized onions, fresh tomatoes, chopped garlic and/or fresh basil adds additional layers of flavor to the pizza and allows you to customize each pita pizza for each member of the family. Everybody gets what they want!
You could WIN the ingredients to the recipe of your choice, delivered straight to your door!! Just complete the Rafflecopter below to be entered to WIN:
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. Congratulations, Shalane!!