This series is brought to you by Indie Plate, Fresh.Groceries.Delivered. Here at Red Stick Moms Blog, we know how important it is to get healthy and delicious meals to our familes, but we also know how difficult and time-consuming it can be as well. We are so excited to bring you this sponsored series by Indie Plate, a company that truly “gets it” when it comes to getting healthy and delicious foods to your door with just the click of a button! We hope you enjoy this week’s recipe!
Roasted Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs & Veggie Medley
This easy to prepare meal will be a huge hit with your family and an even bigger win for your busy schedule! The recipe is full of healthful nutrition and provides a gourmet touch to your weeknight dinner without much effort.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
What You’ll Need ( Purchase ALL Ingredients With 1-click on IndiePlate: http://bit.ly/BbqShortRibs)
2 LBS Grass fed Beef Short Ribs
2 count zucchini & Squash
2 oz. WILD Chantrelle Mushrooms
1 Large Potato
2 oz Jay Ducote’s Louisiana BBQ Sauce
1 oz Garlic Olive Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sprinkle generous salt and pepper on your short ribs and space them apart on an ungreased oven safe tray or dish. Pop them in the oven for 90 minutes.
3) While you wait, chop up veggies coarsely into bite sized chunks – no need to be precise. These are some of the simplest, no mess veggies you can prepare! Sprinkle the veggies with salt and toss them in the Garlic Olive Oil.
4) After the Short Ribs have been roasting for 45 minutes, baste them with Jay D’s LOUISIANA BBQ sauce for the last 45 minutes.
5) Sprinkle the Garlic Olive Oil on the veggies, pop them in the oven, and roast them for 45 minutes alongside the short ribs.
6) Once done, allow the meal to cool, then plate and serve!
7) And don’t forget the most important ingredient of them all – Your family, all sitting around the dinner table!
That’s it. Very simple prep, and very little clean up as all veggies can be added with skin-on! This is a very healthy and flavorful meal full of protein, unsaturated fats, vitamins & minerals.
Purchase ALL Ingredients With 1-click on IndiePlate: http://bit.ly/BbqShortRibs
Servings: 4 Servings or LESS THAN $5/serving!
- For young children, we suggest de-boning the beef after cooking – it’s easy as the bones will slip right off.
- If you want all flavors to mingle together more, you can always add the veggies straight to the roasting pan with the meat (after the first 45 minutes of roasting the meat alone)
- If you’re missing a bread in the meal, you can always shred the cooked short ribs, wrap the veggies & meat in tortillas and make it a family taco night!