Motherhood is like being on an emotional rollercoaster ride that you can’t get off of. At times, you are counting down the minutes until bedtime, and at other times you want to wake them up because you miss them so much.
With kids, some days feel like they last forever, but then the years fly by so quickly! We need to enjoy our time with them while we can!
Trying to be the perfect parent is like brushing your teeth while chewing Oreos. It just isn’t going to happen. Thankfully, children don’t need a perfect mom. They just want a loving, caring one.
Below is my list that all moms can probably relate to.
You might be a Mommy…..
- If you realize you just watched an episode of Daniel Tiger alone.
- If you have been woken up in the middle of the night by a kid hovering over you, just silently staring. Can you say Children of the Corn?
- If you have actually walked into a room and thought to yourself, “Why did I come in here?” It is like having constant pregnancy brain.
- If you have literally cried over spilled milk, because, well, you pumped it.
- If you have hidden in the pantry to eat a snack so that you don’t have to share.
- If you forgot dress-up day at school and had to throw together a dollar store outfit in five minutes.
- If you let your child pick out their own outfit for school, and of course it was picture day! Striped shirt, polka-dotted pants, and rain boots – it is what it is.
- If you tell your kids that the neighborhood park is mysteriously closed on certain days.
- If you sometimes call your kids every name except their own.
- If you cooked a delicious, well-balanced meal, only to have your kids request a hot dog or bowl of cereal.
- If you haven’t been to the bathroom by yourself in years.
- If you have said no to getting a pet, yet you find yourself in PetSmart picking out a cute collar and pet toys.
- If self-care includes walking alone aimlessly in Target.
- If you have had to wash the same load of laundry multiple times because you keep forgetting to move it to the dryer.
- If you have asked another adult if they need to potty before leaving the house.
I could easily go on and on with this list, but my children are being suspiciously quiet and I have to go reheat my coffee for the third time.