This week Louisiana woke up to “fall weather”. Mother Nature teasing us with nightly temperatures in the 60s and 70s this past week meant one thing in our house – comfort food for dinner! A family favorite is Creamy Tortellini and Spinach soup. This soup is easy to prepare, tasty, and comforting. Below is my quick and easy recipe.
Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup
- 1 TBLS vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion – diced (fresh or frozen)
- 3 carrots – diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 carton of vegetable stock
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12-ounce bag of cheese tortellini
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 cups of baby spinach
- Select Sauté setting on pressure cooker and add oil. Once hot, add the diced onions and carrots.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, and all seasonings to the Instant Pot. Secure lid and set vent to sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook/Manual with a 1-minute cook time on high pressure. Once completed, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 5 minutes then do a quick release of the remaining steam.
- Select Sauté again and add in the tortellini. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, then add in the cream. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the baby spinach and cover to let the spinach wilt for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The soup can be served alone or with grilled cheese sandwiches or mozzarella sticks.
What are some of your favorite cooler-weather soup recipes?